Senior Android Developer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 4041
- Tasks that ignite your passion
We develop the most successful email and cloud services in Germany - GMX and WEB.DE - and are currently looking for a Senior Android Developer /f/m/d). You have the possibility to work on-site in Munich or remotly from home in any city in Germany. As a member of the agile Android Mobile Development team (10 people), your work will be geared to advancing the worldwide success of our products. By deploying and utilizing leading-edge technologies, you will be designing and developing new functionalities for more than 10 million of domestic GMX, WEB.DE, as well as mail.com Android users worldwide. You will have the opportunity to take advantage of "slack" days where you can try out new technologies, develop pet projects, work with open-source projects and thereby actively improve your knowledge and skills.
- You will further develop our email and cloud apps in Kotlin while following clean code principles.
- You will create automated Unit Tests and Integration Tests as part of the development workflow.
- You will deliver high-quality code and contribute your know-how by the way of code reviews, technical discussions, and Proof of Concept projects.
- You will enrich our products with your own ideas, implement new features for our customers, and will keep our Apps up to date with the latest technologies and architectural approaches while working in an agile environment.
- You can take advantage of regular „slack“ days to work on personally desired product features, learn more about exciting new technologies and other similar topics.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing and the job ticket
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Have you completed a technical degree or comparable work experience? Are you interested in becoming part of our english speaking, agile Android team and are keen to make use of new technologies? Are you driven to deliver outstanding apps and features? Are you showing a "hands-on" work attitude? In that case, we’re looking to receive your application.
- Your core competencies are in the Android development where you have gained at least five years of experience.
- You have good knowledge of software design, develop preferably in Kotlin and you are at home with Android libraries (e.g. Android MVVM Design Pattern, Coroutines, RxJava, OAuth 2.0, Dagger …) and latest Android versions.
- You should have rich experience in automated Unit- and Integration Tests, GitLab CI/Docker and Git.
- You are interested in new technologies, you are creative and you are open to discussions to improve our apps.
- You are communicative, used to work independently, and welcome working in a multinational Scrum team together with different disciplines.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!