Java Developer / Microservices, Spring Boot (f/m/d) – onsite or remote / home-office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Nationwide (Germany) / Munich / Work from home | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3943
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Your mail, your news, your digital home … your passion is Java backend development using microservices and SpringBoot? Your expectations: flat hierarchies, a cross-functional scrum team, a news product you really have an impact on and about 18 million users? Your motto is: I build it, I deploy it, I (will) run it? Then you are the one we are looking for! Become part of GMX and WEB.DE, one of Germany‘s biggest news portals and leading Mail & Cloud provider.
- You develop sophisticated features and services based on current Java technologies for our news portal and internal applications.
- You identify potentials for optimization in terms of quality, performance and maintainability together with your colleagues.
- You tackle complex problems or high-risk systems using architectural spikes and proof of concepts.
- Your test your code supported by our continuous integration and delivery setup and high degree of automation and by this receive quick feedback on whether your code lives up to its promises or breaks the pipeline.
- You pick up current trends and technologies and share your knowledge with your colleagues in regular brown bag sessions or slack days.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Do you have a technical degree such as computer science or a comparable education? You are interested in becoming part of a cross-functional web development team and developing new features for our News Portal and internal applications as Java Developer? Your passion is software development and your Code is high quality? You are a born team player and your work attitude is „hands on“? You think the following suits you? Then we are looking forward to your application.
- You have work experience with Linux as development and server environment for a Tomcat/Apache stack as well as knowledge of dealing with distributed systems.
- You know how to write “clean code” with good performance and how quality and performance can be tested automatically utilizing tools (Junit 5, Selenium, Jmeter/Gatling).
- Ideally you already have experience with CMS, Continuous Delivery as well as with REST, Python, Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- You like to take on responsibility, you are open to new ideas and technologies and you want to develop your skills. Very good English skills complete your profile.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!