Lead Android Developer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Nationwide (Germany) / Munich / Work from home | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3894
- Tasks that ignite your passion
We develop the most successful email and cloud services in Germany - GMX and WEB.DE - and are currently looking for a Lead Android Developer. As a member of the agile Android Mobile Development team (10 people), your work will be geared to advancing the worldwide success of our products. By deploying and utilizing leading-edge technologies, you will be designing and developing new functionalities for more than 10 million of domestic GMX, WEB.DE, as well as mail.com Android users worldwide. You will have the opportunity to take advantage of "slack" days where you can try out new technologies, develop pet projects, work with open-source projects and thereby actively improve your knowledge and skills.
- You will further develop our email and cloud apps in Kotlin while following clean code principles.
- You will create automated Unit Tests and Integration Tests as part of the development workflow.
- You will take responsibility for driving various technical topics.
- You will deliver high-quality code and contribute your know-how by the way of code reviews, technical discussions, and Proof of Concept projects.
- You will enrich our products with your own ideas, implement new features for our customers, and will keep our Apps up to date with the latest technologies and architectural approaches while working in an agile environment.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Have you completed a technical degree or comparable work experience? Are you interested in becoming part of our english speaking, agile Android team and are keen to make use of new technologies? Are you driven to deliver outstanding apps and features? Are you showing a "hands-on" work attitude? In that case, we’re looking to receive your application.
- Your core competencies are in the Android development where you have gained at least six years of experience.
- You have outstanding knowledge of software design and architecture, develop preferably in Kotlin and you are familiar with Android libraries (e.g. Architecture Components, Coroutines, Jetpack Compose, OAuth 2.0, Dagger …) and latest Android versions.
- You are interested in new technologies, you are creative and open for discussions to improve our apps.
- You have great communication skills and enjoy working together with different disciplines.
- You are used to work independently, and welcome working in a multinational Scrum team.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!