(Senior) System Administrator (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT System Administration | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3849
- Tasks that ignite your passion
WEB.DE and GMX are among the leading e-mail providers in Germany. We are looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator for the operation and further development of our portal and big data environments. Do you want to become part of our successful, international team of system administrators? Are you motivated to ensure the Linux server operation of our Big Data Infrastructure for over 43 million customers? Then become a part of our team.
- Together with your colleagues you will be responsible for the administration and operation of our Linux servers.
- You are the first contact person for all technical questions regarding our Big Data Infrastructure and form the interface to software development, project and product management.
- You monitor our systems, solve incidents on your own responsibility and ensure 24/7 availability of our services and applications with occasional on-call service.
- You create concepts and action plans, accompany projects from conception to go-live and are also involved in architecture decisions.
- You automate our system landscape and work your way into new, complex technologies.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You have completed a technical degree or are simply an enthusiastic Linux professional? You have several years of experience as a system administrator and are interested in operating a complex big data infrastructure? You are a real team player, your passion is Linux system administration and your work attitude is "hands-on"? Then we are looking forward to your application.
- You have very good Debian and RedHat based Linux distribution skills and also experience with common TCP/IP network services and protocols.
- You are familiar with operating, building and scaling highly available web applications (e.g. Apache web server, Apache Tomcat) as well as automation (Puppet) and monitoring (Prometheus/Icinga).
- You bring experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl), have good database skills (e.g. Cassandra or Exasol) and ideally have also gained experience with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop, CEPH, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Logstash, Redis or Zookeeper.
- You enjoy concept creation and like to take on projects where you think outside the box.
- You are solution-oriented, strong communicator in English and like to take responsibility.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!