Java Developer (f/m/d)
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3794
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Your passion is Java and you’re keen on working with Big Data? You love a modern tech stack as well as a great team? Then we are looking for you! We are developing an internal analytics toolset for product management and sales in close cooperation with the responsible business intelligence teams. The platform meets the requirements of modern business users for analyses and reports on large data sets with billions of events from our portals GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com. To be state of the art we are constantly developing new features and modernizing our platform using Java Spring, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Impala, Kafka and other Big Data technologies. Exciting responsibilities and opportunities await you.
We offer a pleasant work environment with cross-functional teams and flat hierarchies - fully geared towards the fast, unbureaucratic delivery of new software features. In our team:
- You design, develop and test new functionalities for our analytics and data integration platform.
- You scale and optimize the platform for more data.
- You review data pipelines submitted by platform users and ensure that the platform is being used in line with our strategy.
- You are part of a dynamic data unit, constantly working with several teams to develop your ideas as well as learn from others and grow together.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Do you have several years’ experience as a software developer or in a comparable role in the data business? Are you interested in creating a fundamental platform for many users to integrate, aggregate, and analyse data together with a great team? You’re keen on learning new stuff? Your working style is hands-on? Then we’re looking forward to your application!
- You have several years of experience with Java Spring and tools like Maven, Docker, Gitlab or Jenkins.
- You’re familiar with Big Data ecosystem like Hadoop, Kafka, Impala or Trino.
- You like collaborating with a team to achieve common goals.
- You have strong technical problem-solving skills with a keen eye to improve upon current processes and you love to take ownership of tasks and assignments.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and German.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!