IT Security Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Security | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Young professionals / Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3706
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Do you like to take over responsibility and your passion is IT Security? Are you eager to drive strategic topics and solve complex security challenges? Are you curious and continuously improving your technical and security know-how? Then we’re looking for you! Join our Security Engineering Team as IT Security Engineer and help us further improve the overall security level of Germany’s biggest mail and cloud providers WEB.DE and GMX.
- You advise colleagues of all levels on topics around secure design, development and operation of products of WEB.DE, GMX and mail.com brands. You carry out threat analyses, penetration tests, supply chain audits, and architecture and code reviews.
- You drive strategic initiatives like DevSecOps and Secure Product Lifecycle.
- You create concepts and implement tools which sustainably improve our security level.
- You prepare and hold security trainings and workshops. These are targeted at the members of our Security Champion community as well as on all kinds of engineers. You train them on concepts such as secure coding and threat modeling.
- If necessary, you support fast resolution of security incidents by carrying out technical analyses like forensics or log analysis.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Have you completed a technical degree or do you have comparable education? Do you have several years of experience with IT Security and were you already able to deliver strategic improvements in complicated situations? Are you able to grasp complicated concepts quickly and you’re continously searching for even better solutions? Do you appreciate hands-on work, are you a true team player, and do you value a dynamic complex environment? We’re eager to get your application!
- You have a strong engineering mindset: you are a problem solver and continuous improver. You have both wide and deep general technical background and you’re well versed with topics like networking, protocols, operating systems, and distributed web applications.
- You have experience with technical security audits of all kinds (white-box and black-box). Optimally, you’re also well connected to the international security community, e.g. due to conferences or your work on open source projects.
- You are fluent with at least one programming language, e.g. JAVA, TypeScript or Python.
- You understand the aspects of modern agile product development and you have hands-on experience with concepts and technologies like DevOps, CI/CD and Kubernetes. You always keep yourself up-to-date.
- You’re a true team player, always leading by example. You’re comfortable with leading projects and stakeholders efficiently also in stressful situations.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!