(Junior) Java / Spring Boot Developer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Young professionals / Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3390
- Tasks that ignite your passion
You have a passion for Java Development and Spring Boot and Microservices in particular? You like to develop high quality software and cutting edge technologies are important for you? You prefer a cross-functional, agile team? Then we’re looking for you. WEB.DE and GMX are among the most used e-mail providers in Germany. To make everyday life easier for our users, our team Mail Store Development is continuously developing new functions. Let’s work together on the future of our email platform!
- You will develop and maintain Spring Boot based Microservices and deploy them on our in-house Kubernetes clusters.
- You will work on the implementation of new features on all our systems for automated processing of emails and you are there from the first idea to the final release.
- You create architecture spikes, proofs of concept for complex problems or high-risk systems or you evaluate new technologies.
- You work closely together with various disciplines such as QA, spam experts, architects and our operating teams and contribute ideas and expertise independently.
- You keep yourself up-to-date with new technologies and participate in internal and external conferences.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing and the job ticket
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You’re keen to learn new things and you can develop with Java and Spring Boot outstanding new features? You are interested to become part of an agile team and your interested in mail systems? Your passion is software development and your code is high quality? Your work attitude is hands-on and you’re a strong team player? You see yourself described in the points below? Then we are looking forward to your application.
- You have sound knowledge in object oriented programming with Java and web technologies such as JSON or RESTFul HTTP are no foreign words for you. Ideally, you've worked before with Spring Boot, NOSQL and SQL databases, Microservices, containerised applications and Kubernetes.
- You have experience with Linux as development and server environment in high load scenarios as well as distributed systems.
- You are familiar with automated software quality assurance (Unit Testing, Performance Tests, Acceptance Tests) and agile development in a continuous delivery environment.
- You are communicative, open to new ideas and enjoy working in an agile team.
- Good English skills are necessary and German is a plus.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!