(Lead) Software Developer – Microservices, Java, Spring (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Cross Functionality / IT Software Development | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Work from home | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3313
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Are you a passionate Software Developer that strives for Software Engineering at a high level? Are you keen to be responsible for a variety of challenging projects as well as the further development of our cloud-native platform strategy? Then we’re exactly looking for you!
For our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com, we’re implementing a vast number of business-critical B2C and B2B applications, which are used by tens of thousands of customers each day, and which contribute significantly to the company’s success.
- You are responsible for the design and implementation of highly scalable microservices using Java and frameworks like Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- You support the implementation of platform components to support cloud-native principles such as Service Discovery, Resilience or Observability.
- You optimize our CI/CD pipelines by automating all development, QA and deployment activities.
- You stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies and develop ideas to continuously improve our platform concerning current and future requirements.
- You benefit from very good working conditions (e.g. remote work, free choice of hardware, professional tooling) in a technology leading company.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing and the job ticket
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You have completed a technical degree or comparable work experience? You are interested in becoming part of an agile DevOps team and you are looking forward to acting as Lead Developer for your projects? You are showing a "hands-on" work attitude? Then we’re looking forward to your application!
- You have strong development skills in Java and the Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud).
- You are familiar with modern cloud-native architectures and related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Gateways or Microservices.
- You have practical experience in the automation of CI/CD-processes by using technologies such as Gitlab CI.
- You promote a DevOps mindset by acting as a link between teams and designing solutions that meet both Development and Operations requirements.
- You have strong communication skills and enjoy technical discussions with your colleagues. At the same time, you are able to win others over to your arguments.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!