Security Operations Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Security | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Berlin | Permanent | Full-time | Young professionals / Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 799
- Tasks that ignite your passion
WEB.DE and GMX are the leading mail and cloud providers in Germany with over 35 million customers. Do you like to take over responsibility? Are you passionate about operational security / blue team topics like security incident detection and remediation? Do you value an agile environment and a digital company? We’re eager to welcome you on board as a Security Engineer to play a key role in secure operations of our products WEB.DE, GMX and mail.com!
- You design processes and tool integration for relevant security operations topics, e.g. SIEM, vulnerability management and forensics. In this way you ensure that we understand our current threat posture at any time.
- You automate processes to detect security incidents using both established systems like SIEM and your own scripts.
- You analyze security events and take over the incident manager role with confirmed security incidents.
- You carry out technical analyses like forensics or log analysis.
- Occasionally you take over the on-call duty.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Have you completed a technical degree or do you have comparable education? Are you passionate about IT Security topics and are you experienced in security operations? Have you worked in agile environments and do you like hands-on work? We’re eager to get your application!
- You have profound knowledge of common security operations tools and processes, e.g. SIEM, vulnerability management or forensic tools.
- You have a solid technical background with deep knowledge of networks, communication protocols, operating systems and web-based distributed architectures.
- You continuously improve your skill-set and knowledge of IT infrastructure and IT security best practices. You’re familiar with topics like DevSecOps, Continuous Delivery or threat modeling.
- You’re a hands-on person with solid coding / scripting skills in at least one language, e.g. Python, Ruby or Go.
- You’re a team player. You have outstanding communication skills and manage to efficiently steer all kinds of stakeholders even in stressful situations.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!