DevOps Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe / Munich / Work from home | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 4055
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Do you have a passion for complex and highly available infrastructures and applications? Do you want to make a real difference in a digital and agile environment with flat hierarchies? Then we are looking for you! We have more than just a job waiting for you: you can expect cutting-edge technologies such as Kubernetes or GitHub Copilot as well as the opportunity to use your skills and ideas to drive topics forward and develop yourself individually. As a DevOps Engineer (f/m/d) you ensure that millions of customers can access their emails, news and cloud data via our websites and mobile apps.
- You reduce the complexity of our application operations with suitable tooling, thereby increasing both stability and agility.
- You act as an interface between software development and the platform teams, make technology decisions together with them and define service level objectives.
- You develop infrastructure as code within the framework of Gitlab CI/CD pipelines, Helm Charts or Docker container images, build your own Prometheus exporters or automate recurring tasks such as dependency and update management.
- You constantly improve our observability, e.g. by integrating OpenTelemetry instrumentation into our tooling and templating Grafana dashboards. You write acceptance tests and alert rules to ensure the reliability of our products and the protection of our customer data.
- You will work on your own projects as part of so-called "Slack Days" or try out new technologies on prototypes.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing and the job ticket
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Have you completed a technical degree or comparable training? Are you motivated to become part of an agile team and drive topics forward? Are you confident in dealing with CI/CD and are you no stranger to automation? Are you eager to learn, interested in cutting-edge technologies and can quickly familiarize yourself with new topics? Are you a real team player and do you have a hands-on approach to work? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
- You have relevant experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Go or Java).
- You are practiced in handling highly available applications on classic infrastructure (e.g. with Ansible) or with containers (e.g. in Kubernetes) - "Cattle, not pets" is your motto.
- You recognize potential for simplifying and improving our infrastructure. Tools such as Gitlab CI/CD, Grafana, Jaeger Tracing and Elasticsearch help you to maintain an overview.
- You like to work with international and cross-functional teams.
- Your motto is: "Making mistakes is part of life". You like to take on responsibility, are solution-oriented and think outside the box.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!