Java / Spring Boot Developer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3874
- Tasks that ignite your passion
GMX and WEB.DE are the leading email and cloud providers in Germany, boasting a market share of over 50 percent. With our international brands, we serve more than 43 million active users and we take immense pride in this achievement. Our work directly impacts our friends and family, as many of them use our products and enjoy new features we develop.
We are dedicated to creating the best possible product experience for our customers and to achieve this, we are searching for exceptional backend developers to join us in shaping the next chapter of our success story. Become a vital part of our team of backend experts and contribute to building and improving our highly scalable, secure and hack-resistant login infrastructure with cutting-edge technologies like Java 17-21, Spring Boot 3.1, Kubernetes, Kafka and Cassandra.
Join our diverse and talented team of passionate individuals who are committed to delivering the best possible customer experience. Whether you prefer working from our offices in Munich or Karlsruhe or from the comfort of your own home, we offer flexible working hours with a focus on a healthy work-life balance. Our cross-functional, agile product teams provide opportunities to make an impact at multiple stages of product development, from discovery to feature implementation. Access a wide range of training opportunities, from tech-related subjects like security to soft skills like moderation, as well as participate in internal and external conferences for continuous personal growth.
- Collaborate on existing and new services for our exceptionally scalable, high-load and fail-safe single sign-on infrastructure, handling billions of daily login requests across our global network of high-performance data centers.
- Design and implement technical solutions to protect against attacks on account security and proactively counteract threats such as phishing, scamming and abuse using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Take ownership of your codebase, participate in architectural decisions, write clean, maintainable and testable code, and contribute innovative ideas to improve code quality and user features.
- Interact daily with colleagues from various areas, including frontend developers, other backend developers, quality assurance and operations engineers as well as our product owner.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in backend technologies and explore them through prototypes or personal projects during "slack days."
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
If you are passionate about backend development, share our commitment to delivering exceptional products to customers and if you thrive in cross-functional development teams, we would like to hear from you.
- Minimum of three years of professional backend development experience with a focus on distributed systems.
- Strong object-oriented and functional coding skills in Java 11 or higher, emphasizing clean and testable code.
- Experience in developing secure and modern web services using Spring Boot. Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
- Proficiency in modern principles, including cloud-native concepts, along with hands-on experience in Docker. Experience in Kubernetes is nice-to-have.
- Eagerness to continuously improve both your technical and soft skills to enable effective communication and collaboration with your colleagues.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!