Lead Developer Native Apps (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3561
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Mobile technologies are your passion? We have 15 million active users on our mobile apps and are looking for you to be an architect for this rapidly growing field. As a member of the Mobile department your work will be geared towards advancing the worldwide success of our products. You will be designing architecture powered by leading edge technologies for millions of domestic GMX and WEB.DE users, as well as mail.com and 1&1 users worldwide. You will coach our mobile native development teams (10+ devs for each platform, split into two teams, respectively), work with open source projects, and take advantage of ‘slack days’ where you can try out new technologies or develop pet projects to actively improve your knowledge and skills. A group of highly experienced teams, fun with technology, and a great work atmosphere is waiting for you.
- You will lead the team of mobile application architects and actively mentor senior engineers interested in becoming architects.
- You will develop cross-product architectures for new features while integrating native mobile apps with services and web applications.
- You will be responsible for evaluating new technologies, analyse how these technologies advance our products and benefit our users.
- You will coordinate interfaces with backend teams and provide support when coordinating development work involving several teams.
- You will coach our teams and explain mobile challenges to colleagues from other departments.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You enjoy mobile development with a clear focus on conception, design, and architecture, and are always up to date on technical subjects? You enjoy working with development teams and pass on your knowledge and experience to your colleagues? You are a real team player and bring a hands-on work attitude? In that case, we’re looking to receive your application.
- You have several years of experience developing mobile native apps at scale.
- You are able to think in terms of both target pictures and the steps to get there.
- You have excellent skills in Kotlin or Swift, but are not scared off by Java or Objective-C.
- You are a strong communicator, persuasive, motivating and assertive.
- You motivate your colleagues and enjoy supporting them in their growth and development.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!