Private Cloud Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development / IT System Administration | Karlsruhe / Work from home | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 3452
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Your are passionate for everything related to cloud engineering? You are motivated to build our private on-premises Kubernetes cloud platform on bare-metal servers - with over 85,000 CPU cores – servicing our more than 42 million users? Do you want to join us in developing this infrastructure, which is now one of the largest private Kubernetes clouds in the world? Then join our team.
- Continuously expand and optimize our infrastructure in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Further development and maintenance of our Kubernetes platform - help us make our 500+ cloud-native services even better.
- Automatization of build- and deployment processes with Continuous Integration.
- Develop our own Kubernetes operators and extend our platform with features such as persistent storage, GPUs and service mesh technology (Istio).
- Open source projects and part of a rotating 24/7 on-call team.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You have a degree in technical studies or comparable education? You are familiar with Kubernetes, Python, Prometheus, Puppet and GitlabCI in a highly scalable, high-traffic environment? You are passionate about automation and complex tech stacks? You are a software developer with high affinity for operations or operations engineer? Then we are looking forward to your application.
- You have several years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker, CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code and corresponding tools.
- You have strong skills in using Linux and good knowledge of BASH, Python and/or Go.
- You are very familiar with GIT workflows and Feature branches, merge/pull requests etc.
- You are motivated to learn new things and your motto is: "Together we are stronger".
- Communication is important to you, you speak English fluently and also have strong German skills.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!