DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 2484
- Tasks that ignite your passion
We are an enthusiastic software engineering team consisting of DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer, Developers and QA Engineers. We implement and operate business critical sales applications for our brands WEB.DE, GMX, mail.com and De-Mail, used by millions of customers every day. In your role as a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer you are involved in building up a state-of-the-art DevOps and Continuous Delivery platform which supports automated deployments and scaling for a highly available system performance. As part of a DevOps culture, you work close with development and product management teams.
- You focus on operational tasks for building up a cloud native platform based on Docker/Kubernetes and improve its availability and stability to ensure companies business.
- You participate actively in defining system architectures, which meet our strategic and technical objectives in our DevOps environment.
- You continuously optimize and automate CI/CD processes in cooperation with your DevOps colleagues.
- You ensure 24/7 availability of our services and applications with on-call duty once in a while.
- You are interacting with the latest technologies and you are participating in internal and external technical conferences.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You have completed a technical degree or comparable work experience? You are interested in becoming part of an agile DevOps team and you are looking forward to acting as a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer for your projects? You are passionate about Operations and you’re always aiming to deliver high quality? You are showing a "hands-on" work attitude? In that case, we’re looking to receive your application.
- You have experience in operating complex system landscapes based on Linux (Debian) and Java (Apache Tomcat/Spring Boot) as well as setting up and managing monitoring/logging systems like Nagios, Icinga, ELK and Prometheus.
- You are familiar with deploying Java based applications and you have a good knowledge of related CI/CD tools involved in the deployment process (Git, Artifactory, GitLab CI oder GoCD).
- You are experienced with configuration and automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Rundeck and Load Balancing technologies).
- You are solution-oriented, you have strong communication skills in English and enjoy taking on responsibility.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!