Data Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | Business Intelligence / Data Analysis | Karlsruhe / Munich / Work from home | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 2458
- Tasks that ignite your passion
With over 40 million customers, WEB.DE and GMX are among the leading email providers in Germany. Do you have a passion for data analytics and want to make a real difference in a digital company with flat hierarchies? With us, you understand our products, the underlying business processes and connect different data from product and service systems in our data warehouse. You will use this data to build modern self-service reporting solutions and support product management with analyses and your data expertise. Become part of our agile team and develop our BI solution for the digital future with Microsoft SQL Server and our Big Data System based on Hadoop and Impala!
- You build a deep understanding of our products, their features, sales, cancellation and billing processes to design ideal BI solutions.
- You connect data from different sources, create ETL pipelines, new metrics and data structures for selections, analysis and reporting. For this, you use SQL Server Integration Services and our internally developed Big Data development environment.
- You create Tableau reports and Excel evaluations in coordination with the departments and support them in using the self-service tools.
- You take over KPI monitoring of the KPIs for which you are responsible.
- In our cross-departmental Big Data Community, you exchange best practices and ensure perfect integration of the analysis options.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Do you have a degree in information technology or comparable training? You already have in-depth skills in data warehousing and analysis? Are you interested in online business, BI and Big Data technology? Do you see yourself described in the points below? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
- You have several years of professional experience in the field of data warehousing, reporting and analytics.
- You are proficient in the SQL Server platform, especially SSIS, and are familiar with Tableau as a reporting tool.
- The use of SQL is part of your everyday work.
- You have experience in programming and in the use of version management systems.
- Ideally, you have experience in Hadoop and Impala.
- You are characterised by a high level of initiative and enjoy learning new things.
- You are a team player, can communicate confidently with stakeholders and have a very good command of German and English.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!