Head of IT Operations (f/m/d)
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT System Administration | Karlsruhe | Permanent | Full-time | Executives | Reference ID: 2305
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Leading technical teams is your passion and you always wanted to have 100 million active users on your infrastructure? You want to work in a trusting and appreciative environment and form a strong leadership team with your department head colleagues? You see yourself in partnership with product management and software development and want to be perceived as a strong partner as well? Do you believe that agility and IT operations complement each other perfectly? Then the position as Head of IT Operations is just right for you:
- You have the disciplinary management of the Mail Operations department, consisting of 3 successful teams and approx. 20 employees and the associated managers.
- Together with your teams you are responsible for ensuring the operation of the mail systems of GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com as well as the associated anti-spam and anti-virus systems.
- In close cooperation with the Product Management and Software Engineering departments, you develop the strategic roadmap, e.g. setup of one of the largest Elasticsearch clusters in Europe, AI and Machine Learning projects like our Smart Inbox platform.
- You contribute to the design of the next generation of our mail system and continuously establish and optimize processes.
- With the help of your capacity and incident management, you coordinate troubleshooting measures and thus ensure smooth operations.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You have a technical degree or comparable, relevant professional experience? Have you already managed operational teams and executives? Your goal is to empower your employees and you can also prepare and communicate technical issues in a way that is suitable for all stakeholders? You convince with an agile way of working, a pronounced hands-on mentality and you live DevOps?
- With your servant leadership mindset, you have a holistic view and build lasting and resilient relationships of trust.
- Through your previous practical experience in IT Operations, you were able to acquire very good knowledge in software and system architecture, Linux distributions and networks.
- You bring very good knowledge in the areas of Infrastructure-as-Code, Storage (ZFS, Cassandra), instrumentation and monitoring of distributed systems, high load and high availability and config management.
- Ideally, you have already worked in system or network operations and have gained knowledge in the areas of email (SMTP, POP, Imap), Elasticsearch as well as Kafka.
- Due to our international orientation, English and German language skills are mandatory.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!