Head of Enterprise Architecture (f/m/d)
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development / IT System Administration | Karlsruhe / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Executives | Reference ID: 2000
- Tasks that ignite your passion
An enterprise architecture for more than 42 million customers with petabyte dimensions arouses your interest? What's more, when it comes to "good, agile IT architecture", no one can fool you that quickly? You know how "good IT architecture" can be established strategically as well as organisationally in a large organisation? Do you like working with the latest technologies such as Kubernetes, Infrastructure-as-a Code, Microservices, NoSQL or Machine Learning? Your opinion: good IT architecture needs crisp requirments engineering but also direct inspiration and can only be created "hands-on"? The key to success lies in cooperation: business and all relevant IT stakeholders belong at the same table? Then we are looking for you! As "Head of Enterprise Architecture", shape the technological future of WEB.DE and GMX, Germany's leading email and cloud providers, with your team.
- You will lead the enterprise architect team and conceptualise the architectural landscape in close cooperation with your experts and colleagues from the specialist departments.
- You accompany development teams during architecture decisions and never lose sight of the "big picture".
- You design the system / enterprise architecture and the technology roadmap with your team.
- You set impulses for the introduction of new technologies and continuously follow new trends and best practices.
- You strategically drive the scaling of our architecture in order to continue to guarantee and optimise the performance of our system landscape.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Do you have a technical degree or a comparable qualification? You have developed software, operated infrastructure and designed architecture yourself? You can not only design the "development plan for urban planning" but also implement it? You also see yourself as a servant leader and can inspire and empower employees and colleagues? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
- You have many years of experience in the development of scalable, distributed, highly available software systems and ideally also have experience with the underlying IT infrastructure such as networks, load balancers or cloud environments.
- You have solid methodological skills in software design and architecture.
- You think and act strategically and are used to balancing local (team scope) and global (company scope) optima.
- You have a passion for tech and are interested in Java, NoSQL databases, Angular JS, Docker, Zoo-Keeper, CEPH and Kubernetes.
- You have strong communication skills, are passionate about IT architecture and can represent your interests or those of your team.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!