IT Operations Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT System Administration | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Young professionals / Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 1859
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Do you have a passion for IT Operations Engineering and want to to make a real difference in an agile, digital company? Then we are looking exactly for you! We have more than just a job waiting for you: The opportunity to use your knowledge and your ideas to advance topics, to help shape them, and to grow with them. Work in a great agile team to run the largest e-mail system in Europe (with more than 35 million customers) for the brands WEB.DE, GMX and mail.com.
- You will be responsible for the smooth operation of our e-mail platform, its performance and stability.
- Together with our software developers, you will migrate services from the host-based world to an - internally operated - container platform (Kubernetes).
- You will not only operate servers and operating systems, but also the services and understand both the flow of mails and the deployments.
- You troubleshoot incidents and support your team in the 24/7 on-call rotation.
- You test new tools and systems, to develop with us the future for the operation of the largest European mail system.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Do you have a successfully completed technical degree such as Computer Science or a comparable education? You are interested in becoming part of an agile team and have experience with CI/CD as well as automation? You like to learn new things, appreciate cutting-edge technologies and? You are a real team player and your work attitude is attitude to work is "hands-on"? Then we are looking forward to your application!
- You have experience with Debian and ideally already with e-mail systems.
- You know the difference between SMTP and HTTP and you know what latency has to do with throughput.
- You are familiar with infrastructure automation (e.g. with Puppet or Ansible) and containers, but if neccessary, you know how to use grep, sed, awk, tcpdump and strace.
- Ideally, you already have experience with the ZFS file system and CassandraDB, as well as with the monitoring systems Prometheus and Icinga2.
- You are familiar with agile methods and appreciate a DevOps approach.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!