System Administrator (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT System Administration | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 1590
- Tasks that ignite your passion
WEB.DE and GMX are among the leading e-mail providers in Germany. For the operation and further development of our portal and big data environments, we are looking for an experienced Linux Systemadministrator. Become part of a successful, international team of Systemadministrators and ensure the Linux server operation of our big data infrastructure for over 42 million customers.
- You will be responsible for the administration and operation of our Linux servers.
- You are the first point of contact for all technical questions regarding our big data infrastructure and form the interface to software development, project and product management.
- You will monitor our systems, solve incidents independently and ensure 24/7 availability of our services and applications with occasional on-call duty.
- You create concepts and action plans, accompany projects from conception to go-live and are also involved in architecture decisions.
- You will automate our system landscape and familiarize yourself with new, complex technologies.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You have a technical degree or are simply an enthusiastic Linux professional? You have several years of experience as a Linux Systemadministrator and are interested in operating a complex big data infrastructure? You are a real team player, your passion is Linux Systemadministration and your work attitude is "hands-on"? Then we are looking forward to your application!
- You have very good Debian and RedHat based Linux distribution knowledge and also have experience with common TCP/IP network services and protocols.
- You are familiar with the operation, setup and scaling of highly available web applications (e.g. Apache Webserver, Apache Tomcat) as well as automation (Puppet) and monitoring (Prometheus/Icinga).
- You have experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl), have good knowledge of databases (e.g. Cassandra or Exasol) and ideally have already gained experience with one or more of the following technologies: CEPH, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Logstash, Redis or Zookeeper.
- You enjoy creating concepts and are happy to take on projects where you can think outside the box.
- You are solution-oriented, have strong communication skills in English and enjoy taking on responsibility.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!