Head of Mail Backend Development (f/m/d)
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Software Development | Karlsruhe | Permanent | Full-time | Executives | Reference ID: 1271
- Tasks that ignite your passion
With more than 40 million active customers and up to 15,000 incoming emails per second, GMX and WEB.DE are among the most widely used email providers in Germany. With our mail system, we rely on state-of-the-art technologies and offer our customers an "intelligent mailbox", e.g. by means of artificial intelligence. As Head of Mail Backend Development, you and your team will shape the technological future of our mail systems for our brands WEB.DE, GMX, mail.com, IONOS and 1&1.
- You will lead and coach an agile software development department consisting of several teams with approx. 30 employees and further develop your area.
- You are responsible for the optimisation and further development of the mail systems, consistently develop them further and define high-level architecture requirements and goals.
- You coordinate the different, autonomous development teams together with the team lads, coordinate with other departments regarding architecture and technologies, use synergies and overlapping best practices.
- You continuously analyse the existing setup to ensure high-quality and on-time implementation of development projects.
- You start new initiatives and keep up to date with new technologies and trends.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
You have a degree in (business) informatics or a comparable qualification? You started your career as a software developer and enjoy challenging a software architect? Do you have experience with scaling agile frameworks? Do you have strong leadership skills and can manage a team of over 30 people including team leads? Do you also see yourself described in the points below? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
- You have several years of leadership experience in IT, have experience with agile working methods and see yourself as an agile leader.
- You have experience as a software or enterprise architect and ideally have experience in planning and implementing high-load systems.
- You have a high affinity and understanding for current software technologies, know the principles of modern cloud-native architectures and associated technologies such as Docker, gateways or microservices and have developed them yourself in the past.
- You can motivate your independently working team and create the right setting for the new and further development of applications.
- You can work efficiently and hands-on with IT and business as well as act confidently and with strong communication skills at management level. This also includes being able to communicate fluently in English.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!