Lead Security Operations Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE | IT Security | Karlsruhe / Nationwide (Germany) / Munich | Permanent | Full-time | Experienced professionals | Reference ID: 1197
- Tasks that ignite your passion
Do you like to take over responsibility and your passion is IT Security? Are you eager to drive strategic topics and share your knowledge? Furthermore, is your medium-term goal to become a leader? Then we’re looking for you! Join our security organization as Lead Security Operations Engineer and shape our “Security Operations” team together with us to further improve the overall security level of Germany’s biggest mail and cloud provider WEB.DE and GMX.
- You’re responsible for continuous improvement of real-time protection against threats endangering our complex product environment, with over 40 millions of customers, tens of thousands servers, own private cloud, hundreds of applications and millions of events per second.
- You drive security operations (“blue team”) topics both conceptionally and operationally. This includes e.g. anomaly detection, incident handling, vulnerability management and threat intelligence. You base your decisions on both your own profound experience and industry best practices, standards and emerging trends.
- You develop awareness and acceptance for security operations in the whole organization in collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders on all levels.
- When needed, you manage security incidents and carry out technical analyses, e.g. forensics or log analysis. You also participate on our on-call duty schedule.
- In order to take the next step in your career, you keep improving both your technical and leadership skills, e.g. servant leader approach or agile methods.
Advantages you enjoy
Lived corporate culture
Transparency, open communication and short decision-making processes
Wide range of further training
E-learning, seminars, conferences and mentoring
Conferences, lecture series, courses, open source projects, community meetings, user groups
Active health care
Sports and fitness classes, lectures, discounts at fitness and health centers, fresh fruit and drinks for free
Inexpensive job bike
Generous subsidy for job bike leasing
Flexible working models
Home office, mobile office, flexible working hours, trust-based working time arrangements
Company pension scheme, discounts on our products and various leisure activities
Summer and winter parties, additional workshops and team events
- Your qualifications which inspire us
Have you completed a technical degree or do you have comparable education? Do you have a multiple-year experience with IT Security and were you already able to deliver strategic improvements in complicated situations? Are you able to grasp complicated concepts quickly and you’re continuously searching for even better solutions? Do you appreciate hands-on work, are you a true team player, and do you value dynamic complex environment? We’re eager to get your application!
- You have a demonstrated track record of strategically important achievements during security projects. You’re passionate about security operations / blue teaming and ideally you have a solid private network in the international security scene (e.g. due to conferences or open source projects).
- Your goal is to develop to a disciplinary leader with time, thus to combine your technical and leadership skills. Ideally, you have already gathered some experience in a technical and/or disciplinary leadership position.
- You understand the mechanics of a modern agile digital organization as well as the positioning of IT Security and especially Security Operations inside it. This knowledge helps you bring challenging projects forward.
- You have profound knowledge about technical topics as networking, communication protocols, operating systems and web-based distributed systems. You’re fluent with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, Ruby or Go.
- You’re a true team player, always leading by example. You’re comfortable with leading projects and stakeholders efficiently also in stressful situations.
We are brand. With GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 43 million active users, we are the leading email and communication platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are future. Our services and apps simplify digital life from cloud storage to news and ID management.
You are at home. Your digital passion finds a professional home with us. Your strength makes us stronger, your expertise complements our ideas, your success becomes visible. Together we shape the digital future.
Diversity enriches. Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations and religions as well as people with disabilities - we desire diversity and encourage it. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations and the reference number given above. Please use our online application form. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send us an email.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management
We are awarded!